Module 3 - Feasibility Study Guidelines
Upon successful conclusion of procurement of Owner's Project Management and Designer services in accordance with the procedures outlined under Module 2 - Forming the Project Team, the District and its team collaborate with the MSBA to document their educational program, generate an initial space summary, document existing conditions, establish design parameters, develop and evaluate alternatives, and recommend the most cost effective and educationally appropriate preferred solution to the MSBA Board of Directors for their consideration. During this phase, the Owner's Project Manager will submit on behalf of the District and its Designer a Preliminary Design Program and a Preferred Schematic Report. Approval by the MSBA Board of Directors is required for all projects to proceed into schematic design. Please refer to Module 4 - Schematic Design for additional information.
The following documents are available to assist the District:
- MSBA Space Summary Templates
- Module 3 - Local Actions and Approvals Certification Template
- Budget Statement for Preferred Schematic
- Module 3 - Feasibility Study Completion Checklist
- Submittal Dates for Board Meetings
- Project Advisory (#30): Update to the MSBA’s Sustainable Building Design Policy
- Grade Reconfiguration and District Approval Certification Template
- Preparing for FAS Meetings
Approval by the MSBA Board of Directors is required for all projects in order to advance the preferred schematic into schematic design.
At the April 26, 2023 Board Meeting:
- Four district was recommended for Preferred Schematic Design:
- East Longmeadow, East Longmeadow High School
- Hopkinton, Elmwood Elementary School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional School District, Whitman Middle School
- Whittier RVTSD, Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Based on the most recent data and schedules provided to the MSBA by districts, seven districts will appear before the Board for their Preferred Schematic Design authorizations at the June 2023 and August 2023 Board meetings..
- Lynn, Pickering Middle School
- New Bedford, John B. DeValles Elementary School
- Newton, Countryside Elementary School
- Clinton, Clinton Middle School
- Stoughton, South Elementary School