The Massachusetts School Building Authority's (the "MSBA") 2020 Statement of Interest ("SOI") submittal period is now open.
Submitting an SOI is the first critical step in the MSBA's program to partially fund the construction, renovation, addition or repair of municipally or regionally owned school facilities located in cities, towns and regional school districts. The SOI allows districts to inform the MSBA about deficiencies that may exist in school facilities and how those deficiencies inhibit the delivery of the educational program.
Below are links to information that will help you submit an SOI.
- Superintendent District User Management:
- Submit a Statement of Interest - Superintendent Access (for a Superintendent to review, approve and/or create user access)
- Submit a Statement of Interest - District User Access (for a District User other than a Superintendent requesting access) -- Important Reminder: If you are not the Superintendent and clicking on this link for access, you will need to coordinate with your Superintendent for approval to gain access.
- Statement of Interest System - Once you have requested access and been approved for the 2020 submittal period, use this link to login to the SOI system.
- SOI Vote Requirements and Vote Language
- 2020 Statement of Interest User Guide
- Core Program SOI Process Overview
- Accelerated Repair Program Overview
- 2020 SOI Frequently Asked Questions
MSBA Grant Program Information:
The MSBA's grant program is a non-entitlement, competitive program, and grants are distributed by the MSBA Board of Directors based on need and urgency, as expressed by districts and validated by the MSBA. Submitting an SOI is not an invitation into the MSBA's Capital Pipeline; it is the initial step in the MSBA's program. Moving forward in the MSBA's process requires further collaboration between districts and the MSBA.
Submitting an SOI is the critical first step in the MSBA's program for school building construction, addition/renovation, and repair grants. The SOI allows districts to inform us about deficiencies that may exist in a local school facility and how those deficiencies inhibit the delivery of the district’s educational program.
For more information on the Core Program, click here:
The deadline for submitting Core Program SOIs is Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
For more information on the Accelerated Repair Program, click here:
The deadline for submitting Accelerated Repair Program SOIs is Friday, February 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions about the 2020 SOI process, please contact SOI Email or call 617-720-4466.